IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! What better way to celebrate than indulging in some delicious mouth watering Texas tacos? Each city has their own unique spin on this tasty dish, so we decided to showcase our top 5 Texas Taco joints! Enjoy!
Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ, Austin
- Throughout the years, the city of Austin has embraced its weird cultural lifestyle and it tends to reflect in their tacos. This fantastic taco joint features a menu that combines traditional taco flavors and smoked BBQ. The result? A match made in heaven. Their pork carnitas, beef fajitas and brisket tacos will simply blow your taste buds away.http://www.valentinastexmexbbq.com/
Torchy's Tacos, Austin, Dallas, Waco, ect.
- You'll be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't experienced this popular Texas treat. Originally a food truck from Austin, this taco shop boomed in popularity and has expanded to multiple locations all across the state. These tacos are known for their experimental nature, such as a taco with fried chicken, a hot dog and fried avocado. Not to mention their guacamole infused queso is to die for.www.torchystacos.com
Gorditas Aguascalientes, Houston
- This hidden Houston gem features home made fresh corn and flour tortillas, which cradle the best taco meats and dressings in town. They're bigger and pack more ingredients than your average street tacos. The chopped and diced meat is cooked to perfection and then finished with a firestorm of peppers, cilantros and onions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/gorditas-aguascalientes-houston-2
Chacho's Tacos, Corpus Christie
- This little mom and pop shop busted onto the scene and quickly spread thanks to word of mouth. This restaurant is famous for their signature breakfast tacos, which are comprised of thick rich eggs and meats with an addition of fresh tomatoes, jalapenos and cheese. Their also famous for the All-Mighty Chacho's Taco Challenge, where you must devour a foot long behemoth breakfast taco in 10 minutes. Many have tried, few have succeeded. Are you up for the challenge?http://www.yelp.com/biz/chachos-tacos-corpus-christi-3
Taqueria Datapoint, San Antonio
- This restaurant makes quite possibly the best Tacos Al Pastor and barbacoa on the planet. The carnitas are infused with various spices and sauces, which result in a flavorful kick with every bite. The miniature tacos feature high-grade meat that is grilled and dressed excellently. If you love spicy, then this is definitely the place for you!http://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-datapoint-san-antonio
And before you head out on your own Taco road trip, now is the perfect time to make sure that you are covered. Give us at call to make sure that your auto insurance policy is update to date and you've got the best rate and coverage possible!
Enjoy the drive and those delicious Texas Tacos!