Oil and water
Taylor Swift and Kanye West
McDonalds and Dieting...
These are just a few things that do not mix well. However, if we had to pick the granddaddy of them all, texting and driving would probably take the cake. We've all heard the sayings "Help save lives, don't text and drive" or "It can wait" thousands of times, but for some reason we continue to pull out our phones on the road. It's no secret that texting and driving is one of the leading causes of accidents and deaths every year. There are about 1.6 million cell phone related accidents per year, which make up 64% of all accidents in the United States. Many people have tried to come up with solutions to this problem, but nothing has seemed to work, which is why we're taking a new route. Instead of traditional proposals, we've come up with some fun and creative ways to eliminate the use of your phone while in the car. Enjoy!
- Wear Thimbles or Thumb Socks - What is the most important finger you need when typing on a screen? That's right, your thumb. By covering your thumbprint with any sort of material, it will prevent you from making contact with the screen, thus making it impossible to type or send any messages!
- Change the Language Settings - If you change the language settings to Chinese, Japanese or Swahili before getting in the car, you can easily inhibit texting. You won't know what you're reading or typing and it'll frustrate you so much that you won't even bother trying!
- Apps that Prevent Texting - Believe it or not, there are many apps available that are tailored to prevent texting while driving. One is Esure, which can detect when drivers are traveling at more than 10 mph, and will shut off other apps that could be distracting, as well as temporarily halt incoming calls and text messages. Download this app today!
- Type in the Wrong Password - If you have a password setup on your phone, just type it incorrectly multiple times and it will lock your phone for up to 15 minutes. If you're going on a longer road trip, type it in incorrectly again after it resets and it'll lock up for an hour.
- Put it in the Trunk - To avoid being tempted to text while driving, throw your phone in the trunk before you head out. That way it's literally impossible to pull out while on the road!
Before you put these ideas to the test, now is the perfect time to make sure that you're covered. Give us a call to make sure that your auto insurance policy is up to date and you've got the best rate and coverage possible!