Summer is slowly winding down, but that doesn't mean you should abandon any last minute vacation ideas! If you're looking to do a quick family getaway before sending the kids back to school, it's important that you take time to evaluate your travel plans. If you're looking to travel out of state, then you may want to consider flying to your destination. Airports and flights are always busy this time of the year and can prove to be a less than pleasant experience. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your journey is less hectic and more enjoyable.Book an Early-Morning Flight
- Nobody likes waking up before sunrise, however, this is the one instance where you'll be thankful you did. Early flights are almost always on time, less expensive and tend to be a more all-around efficient time to travel. You'll beat the traffic going to the airport and all of the lines once you get there, which allows you to have some time to relax before boarding.Check in Beforehand
- Other ways to beat the pesky lines are to check-in online or with your mobile device before arriving at the airport. Having the confirmation on your phone reduces the chance of losing your boarding pass and it's faster and easier to access. This usually allows you to claim your seats (the earlier you check in, the better the seats) and go straight to security upon arriving at the airport.Know What You Can't Bring
- We all know that the security lines are the biggest hassle at any airport. This is generally caused by people being detained for something they accidentally packed or are carrying in their purse or backpack. Knowing what you can and cannot get through security will save you a lot of time and energy. Make sure that your toiletries are packed in small-specified containers and that you're not carrying any sharp or flammable objects.Stay Charged Up
- Your phone is a crucial tool to help you survive your airport experience. Make sure you know where all of the nearby charging stations are located and that your phone always has plenty of battery life. You can also invest in a portable charger, which comes in handy when in a rush during your travels.Double Check!
- Airplane flights are long and boring (and you can't use your phone!), so it's important that you carry on the necessary items to help ease the journey. Make sure you bring a book, music player, or some other form of entertainment to help pass the time. Also, don't forget a jacket and pillow so you can stay comfortable!
Before you book your flight, now is a great time to make sure that all of your insurance needs are up-to-date. Give us a call to have an agent review your policy to confirm that your auto insurance has the right amount of coverage for your family and your needs. We can also ensure that you are getting the best rate for your policy. You might even qualify for additional discounts, especially if you have your home insured through us!